Friday, February 17, 2012

So excited!!

I just got off the phone with one of Garrett's friends mom.  She called to let me know that the boys set up a "play date" for sometime this weekend and she was calling to set the details!  I'm so excited!!!  Why?  Because this is the first time that Garrett is going to have a friend who #1 is interested in coming over, but #2 because they are actually coming over!!  He's bouncing off the walls at the moment.  I asked the child's mom if she knew anything about Garrett and she said "no", so I told her that he has PDD-NOS (an autism spectrum disorder) and that he's mildly cognitively impaired.  Both boys are in the same special ed room for certain classes, so she understood and was fine with everything!  She's even going to stay for a little while so she and I can talk!!!  I haven't had anyone to talk to (girl to girl) in person for such a long time, I'm so excited I'm popping at the seams!

So tonight is "boys night", where Jon and the boys watch Star Wars on tv, then they play their video games together, so this will give me time for my much needed bubble bath.

Anyways, just wanted to share the great news!!

Until next time...

Happy Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment